Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Last Time I Saw Paris

From the very beginning, I always dreamed of going to the city of lights, Paris. It’s the world’s most popular city destination and no doubt that it offers numerous must-see places.

  

I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to visit the place for more than a week. This is part of our subject, World Tourism having a course of Hotel, Restaurant and Institution Management with specialization in Travel and Tourism Management in De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde.

It took me three days to have my luggage ready for Paris. We were given information and tips on how to act appropriately and how to deal with the people while having our tour in Paris.

            On the day of our departure, I dressed myself accordingly and had my documents organized properly.

           We got the chance to fly to Paris from Dubai via Emirates A380, the largest and most advanced passenger aircraft in the world. I was so amazed knowing that it’s my first time to fly through this plane.

We're all ready to see Paris! This was taken in Dubai waiting to be transferred to the aircraft going to Paris. 

            When we landed in Charles De Gaulle Airport, I already felt the wonderful ambiance of the country.  We went directly to a 2-star property named Hotel Voltaire Republique in where we spent the nights in Paris. It might not be that nice but it’s very well located.

            On our day zero, we were given spare time to explore the city and I, together with my friends, walked around the vicinity. I was like star struck; so amazed with the place as I imagined myself just like in the movies. We wandered around and found ourselves inside McDonald’s since we were undecided to where we will have our dinner.

First on our list to visit was the Louvre Museum. Through small groups, we explored Louvre Museum, also known as Musee du Louvre was once a fortress and now one of the world's largest and most visited museums. It is home to thousands of famous international works of art such as the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. We never stopped looking for the famous artworks in the massive area of the museum. And all I could say is it is well worth it!

      
Exploring the Louvre Museum with my roommie, Bey
With my tour buddies at Louvre Museum (From L-R: Miguel, Me, Bey, Ellaine, Kim)

The rest of our group smiling for this wonderful Museum.

            

Like many others, I have a desire to live in the most beautiful city on Earth. I think there’s no word strong enough to express how much I adore this place. I, together with the rest of the group visited the Notre Dame de Paris, which is more known for the hunchback, Quasimodo who has served the cathedral's popularity. We went inside and attended the mass even if we don’t understand it at all.

            Our tour in Paris wouldn’t be completed without visiting the most visited paid monument in the world, the Eiffel Tower. It was actually built to mark the centennial celebration of the French Revolution. Wow! The structure is undeniably marvelous. We had our Seine River cruise to roam and discover more about Paris in the most convenient way. This is another way to enjoy Paris at its best. By the sun went down, we started watching the Eiffel Tower as it lights at dusk.

            On the following days, we experienced the so-called, Death March or some says it’s pleasure walk. We were able to visit the Louvre Museum, Arc de Triumphe, La Defense.

            Through small groups, we explored Louvre Museum, also known as Musee du Louvre was once a fortress and now one of the world's largest and most visited museums. It is home to thousands of famous international works of art such as the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. We never stopped looking for the famous artworks in the massive area of the museum. And all I could say is it is well worth it!
            Of course what would a trip to Paris be without visiting Les Champs Elysees? The busiest street in Paris. With it's many boutiques, and restaurants Champs Elysées certainly attracts thousands of tourists every day. Many of the top designer boutiques such as Louis Vuitton, Cartier, Benetton and many others are located right here. I’ve bought some perfumes from this place.  


            We also visited the Philippine Embassy and we learned numerous things about Paris and the Filipino people in France. We tasted some French delicacies from the Institut Vatel. The food may not be that pleasant to our tongues yet what make our visit there special is the very welcoming students who served us with their big smiles.
           
            We’ll never leave Paris without going shopping. I, together with my roommates, Bey and Kim, went to Galleries de Lafayette and had our money vanished in just a snap of a finger. We bought designers’ items like bags and perfumes and some souvenirs for my friends and relatives.

            Another unforgettable moment we had in Paris was seeing the Chateau de Versailles or simply Versailles, is a royal chateau in Versailles in, it’s super interesting that I was encouraged to watch the movie, Marie Antoinette.

            We’ve seen numerous attractions and destinations, which truly amazed us as tourists in Paris, France. And there, I could feel that days go by too quickly. We’ve just proven that no doubt that Paris is the world’s most visited destination.

            In my personal experience, I could say the things I adore about the place. What I love most about Paris is the ambiance. Being able to walk from historic to modern in a matter of minutes. And the architecture? Very impressive! Plus the different dishes it offers. Like pain au chocolat, no where else compares!                   

            Having these enumerated, I’m loving the general beauty of all the parts of town, the narrow streets, the stones, the alleys, the doorways that lead to mysterious courtyards, the bridges. They are gorgeous. For that I could say that people love France because of its outstanding magnificence. The beauty in everything from different shops on most corners to pretty cakes in windows. It seems in France specifically in Paris, every little thing deserves to be beautified. In short, France for me, got everything which interests the people of all ages. From the environment, to its culture, to leisure, to infrastructure and even the climate.  Paris, France is simply great. So Thank God for bringing me to this wonderful place.
             
            Moreover, I’m very much amazed with the ease of getting around. Accessible, affordable and efficient public transit. You don’t need a car to experience the bests in Paris. We’ve explored Paris through the very proficient metro and just the pair of our feet.        
  
Beside Paris, we were given the opportunity to visit Belgium as our side trip. 
One of the cutest photos I had in Belgium; requested our tour guide to have this wacky shot

With my friends (From L-R: Myka, Me, Luan and Lyka)
Posing for Belgium
            I could conclude that Philippines should also preserve its cultures and traditions just like France preserves its nations. Our country should appreciate the beauty of the different destinations and attractions we own. We need to focus on the natural resources and treasure its gem.
           








No comments:

Post a Comment