Saturday, June 23, 2012

My Mafbex Experience



 6th Manila Foods and 

Beverages Exposition

 the biggest and most awaited food show of the year satisfied the visitors who traveled long distances just to witness the displays and activities of the event.
           We can’t hide the fact that every Filipino has the passion for food, eating would be our typical habit during our spare time; which leads us to the idea that the food industry is one of the largest business in our country.
           In order to gain knowledge about Food, Hospitality and Tourism Industry, MAFBEX existed to feed the participants numerous ideas, and information on a certain issue.
           This year’s theme brought the audience into higher level of awareness knowing how relevant healthy food is.
          With the extraordinary line-up of activities in the expo, the World Trade Center during the 13th to 17th days of the month was filled with thousands of spectators. The participants of the different contests wowed the crowd as they show their performance and abilities in their forte with their best.
              The event area was crammed by the blue color, which signifies water as


Young Hoteliers Exposition 

goes Aquatic

               As a member of YHE, I had witnessed the success of the event from the different booths, to the seminars, to the competitions. I was one of the organizers of the organizers and was responsible with the 

Mocktail Punch 

Competition (Interschool)

. It wasn’t that easy as it looks like. It took us months of preparation to make it possible. From searching for sponsors, to the gimmicks, and to the meetings we had to attend even if it’s vacation time.
          Plus the fact that I was also involved with the different contests for SHRIM, which means more tasks and duties for me; it was a lot of pressure. Yet I didn’t take the risk not to join these contests: 


3D Travel Poster Design, 


Brochure and Flyer

 Making Competition,

 Destination Marketing and 

SHRIM Picture Puzzle. 

             Having my part in Seminars’ Committee, I did everything in order to promote our free seminars covering topics ranging from Healthy Food to a Healthier Living, Franchising 101, Seafood Butchery, Philippine Gastronomy, to recent advances in Water and Food Safety and many more, conducted by some professors of our school. Some had their demonstrations of some products that had proven useful in certain food-related businesses.
           I’ve seen the various booths showing harmonious artistic designs of their exhibits. Comparing to last year’s MAFBEX, this one is bigger and more exciting having the extended tent for the seminars and competitions; therefore, exhibitors from different areas of the country had the challenge of a better and wider selection of what to display under the pressure of rivalry. They had to pick and think of unique ideas on how to market and attract their perspective clients.
              One of the exhibits that attracted me, and I considered, as highlight of the event is the launch of Atoy Llave’s food trucks. These trucks serve as restaurants on wheels – having its interior kitchen set up, foldable tables and non-spacious designs.
             I couldn’t help myself exploring these and gone inside the truck. According to Miss Paula, one of the marketers of the food truck, that concept has never been done before in our country and their company hopes they can help the growing food and beverage entrepreneurs and initiate customized food trucks as a source of income. It was their first time joining MAFBEX and they find it, exhausting and challenging yet rewarding.
             Some of the exhibitors whom I asked told me that it’s one way of getting the people involved and discover the latest trends in the food industry. They had the chance to promote and make a sale through their strategic marketing. The exposure of their products to the thousands of attendees will boost their business and provide them big opportunities for generating revenues.
                Consists of hundreds of booths showcasing the best the world has to offer. 6th MAFBEX was more fascinating and exciting due to the inclusion of the extension venue for the free seminars alongside the inter-school and professional division competitions. It was amazing gaining knowledge about certain companies offering ethnic delicacies and ingredients from all over the world, blending together in a melting pot of exotic flavors made available in the show.
             By the end of MAFBEX, I decided not to attend the closing ceremony, since I wasn't expecting any major award. Until I got a message from a friend of mine informing me, that we got the first place. I just couldn't believe what had happened.

                   Joining this wonderful and informative event taught me a lot of things. I gained more confidence in facing diverse people; I learned how to control my temper, under the pressure of competitions and time. I also realized and appreciate the value of this event not only to the exhibitors but also to the visitors. I’ve seen interesting products and learned how it functions.

These were the days were I’ve proven my determination, discipline and optimism. It was very unforgettable getting acquainted with extraordinary people and extraordinary events.


4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Nice Blog, it is a gives a really nice overview of different activities and events. Keep it up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear! Keep updated, visit my blog! :) God bless! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. great! :) For sure you had fun!

    ReplyDelete